Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Life in Small Places and a Camera

So after spending pretty much 3 whole months without a camera, Kat so graciously lent me hers for the rest of my trip...so I'll try to make the most of it.

I'd say one of my best descriptions of what it's like living here in Hong Kong is this, "Life in Small Places". It's been kinda interesting living in a room slightly less than a third of my bedroom size back in Toronto. But on top of that is the usual smallness of everywhere we go. Just the other night before Kat went back to Canada, we went to a Hui Lau San to eat some deserts and it was pretty small.

With that in mind, I don't think I mind living in small places. When I was younger, I used to think to myself, "When I grow up I want a house as big as the one I'm living in now...even if it's filled with just two people." But after this stay in HK, I'm beginning to think...living in an apartment or condo wouldn't be too bad. I mean if they can provide you with a swimming pool, a lobby, a parking spot, a recreation room, and a free elevator (of course you'd have to share it), who wouldn't want to...err...well what I mean is, it's a nice proposition.

Having a camera is really cool. I love taking pictures. I really like taking pictures, especially using manual settings so that you can set the shutter speed slow and get those really cool effects in your pictures. Pretty cool.

Thanks Hun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi best friend! hahah. hi best friend's boyfriend! just wanted to say hi and see how things are doing with u there in HK. i hear u work a lot. well hope all is well and i'm praying for ur safe arrival and for Divine strengthening :)
-teesh-