Wednesday, August 30, 2006

16

Don't worry...see I haven't forgotten
Just wanted to save this to post on a special day...
;)

Two nights before Kat left for Toronto, we took a trip to Stanley in HK. It was really hot, with no clouds to break the sunlight. We enjoyed the very tourist-y market of Stanley, just walking around staring at black and white photos of Hong Kong back in the early 1900's and contempary Chinese paintings that I personally found very intruiging.

After walking around the market, we went to bay just take a look at the ocean. Wow. It'll be a while before we get the chance to see oceans on this side of the world together for a while. I really loved that moment. It reminded me of the other time when we went to Silvermine Bay and looked out at what seemed almost like a tropical, traveller magazine-shot, view of an ocean with the characteristic green hills of Asian landscapes. A memory that still seems so vivid.

After a little more walking around we stopped by a Pacific Coffee to just chill and relax for a bit. We bought a donut (I hadn't had a donut for so long) and a Chilliano to share. As we sat by the windows, we just talked randomly about what made this trip so great for us. What kind of things really stood out to us. When suddenly out of the corner of my eye, I saw a slim box sitting on top of a small counter. It was a scrabble box. So I went to pick it up and brought it to our table to play scrabble. Now this sounds extremely nerdy...I suppose Kat is getting some of that influence from me...hahaha but yea, it was fun playing b/c this was the game Kat and I were playing back during our first trip together to the cottage last year with the rest of her family. So it brought a lot of good memories along with a healthy dose of competition. ;)

But after our game, we decided to walk around and find a nice place to eat.

We walked around the street with where restaurants opened up their tables along the sidewalk right by Stanley Bay. It was a nice stroll as we walked around looking for a restaurant to eat at. We ended up going to this really nice colonial style building that used to be located in Central, but was moved stone by stone out into Stanley.

We sat outside of the El Cid restaurant. It was probably the most romantic meal I've ever had...eating outside on a patio, moonlight in view, near the coast, Spanish cuisine served on candle-lit tables, live guitarists playing and singing love songs upon request...but what really made it so special was not the food, not the musicians, not the atmosphere, but the person I was with.

There's no other person I want to be with, no other girl that I treasure more...and I thank God for blessing me so much by leading us into this relationship. I can't wait to see you back home...





IMU <3

5 comments:

Mrs.Lau said...

one more day until you're home...!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha
<3

Mrs.Lau said...

oh yeah...see you at the airport ;)

Anonymous said...

WELCOME BACK MIKEEE! missed youh mann, and ur leading, and ur singing! see you at church =0) louv52 -wam-

Derek said...

man.. if i didn't know you better, i would've puked all over myself with your sappiness. but i gotta say you're awesome. thanks for everything and bless you bro!

cherryberie said...

rumor has it that it's ur b-day on sept 15...so...HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE!!! hope you'll have a blessed day and many more to come!!