Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Returning in Two Ways...


Wow. I can't believe how long it's been since I last posted on this blog. But something came over me tonight as I was prepping for a leadership workshop I'll be giving tomorrow, to wander back to this site that I started.

What's really interesting is that the reason why I started this blog was to document the adventures God would lead Kat and I into when we headed to Hong Kong back in 2006. And now...in only a couple of months I'll be heading on another adventure, this time with a one-way ticket instead of the regular round-trip.

As some of you know (that is, if any of "you" actually still read this due to my lack of diligence), earlier this year I accepted a job to work for a company in Hong Kong. A pretty big shift I must say...a shift in expectation...a shift in my plans...a shift in what I thought...but I think a shift that God orchestrated. It's a long story, those weeks that I spent rehearsing responses to interview questions and researching prospective companies, but somehow through all of that God led and opened up a spot for me to actually move over to HK.

And it's exciting, yet at the same time...there's so much to think about. Kat, family, church, friends, career, more schooling, finding an apartment, what am I going to do when I get to HK, etc...but I'm reminded, "Trust in the Lord with all of your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight."

I guess what makes adventures is that aspect of uncertainty, that thrill of the unknown, the lack of what's to come...but just like the wanderers in the desert guided by the cloud by day and fire by night...it isn't about knowing where you're going, it's about knowing who you're going with...and I'm glad that the cloud by day and fire by night that I'm following behind is the same one who took me from the darkness into the light...what have I to fear or worry? He is with me...always.

5 comments:

Mrs.Lau said...

He will watch your coming and going both now and forevermore... :)

<3

Anonymous said...

woah! he returns!

ols said...

Yep, that God of ours, He's a faithful One. (and His eyes twinkle a lot, too)

Derek said...

wowzers... a blog from Jr!

Anonymous said...

you were due for an update oh about.. . now =) although i must admit i haven't been the most avid of followers.

i'm excited for what God will teach you and where He will lead you when you leave the comfortable nest that we call toronto and go walk the path that He's prepared for you! that and i can't wait to hear stories! =)

ps. when can we see each other?! sorry that i keep missing you when you're available and vice versa!