Monday, April 23, 2007

Something Like A Tornado

As I was peacefully playing my guitar in my room, all of a sudden I noticed the wind and rain outside pick up. So I quickly went to my windows and closed them and watched. Suddenly gusts of rain swept at my window. I've never seen rain get blown that fast or that hard before. I looked outside and noticed our bbq out of place and our table outside knocked over. Bad storm I thought. Then our lights went off...after a while, they came back on and the wind died down. We went outside to see what went on...and it looked a lot worse than I thought.

Fences were torn apart, roof shingles littered everywhere, whole 30 foot trees were uprooted from the ground...one of the neighbors we know had an 8'x5' window sucked out of their kitchen and her whole kitchen was an incredible mess.

Who would've thought we'd have something like this in peaceful Richmond Hill...now the sun is up, birds are chirping, and firetruck, ambulance, and police alarms are blazing all around the neighborhood.

If you want to see more, I've uploaded it on youtube:



2 comments:

Jonathan Chant said...

wow...that's crazy. I knew the storm was bad but I didn't know it would do that much damage.

Mrs.Lau said...

that was some crazy stuff yesterday...! funny...and totally cool how you guys were alright..! PTL for sure :)