Thursday, May 18, 2006

First Real Day Out on the Streets of Hong Kong


So we're finally in HK, TOGETHER!!!

Day 3 in our adventure in HK. We haven't had the chance to see or be together since we parted ways at HK airport. Wow, so much stuff has happened, and only in just two days. I've already applied for my VISA, reoriented myself to the MTR and bus system, and my sense of direction isn't too bad either. After two years, I still ended up finding my way back to the first ever trip to Pacific Coffee next to Pacific Place. That's the pic we took from the webcam at Pacific Coffee.

I'm so glad I'm here with Kat. Yesterday was so boring, just sitting at home, watching CSI and just reading books. It's really different here compared to Toronto. Without a car and dependent on minibusses (i am convinced these drivers were originally race car drivers, they didn't make it big so they opted to drive 15 passanger minibusses for the thrill of seeing foreigners faces when they accelerate on turns in the mountains on roads that have no guards...) it's not as convenient to meet up with Kat, that's all the more why I cherish the times we do have together.

It's been real cool, especially having Kat tell me about all these places, like where she used to live, and where she used to go eat, and now actually having the chance to see, hear, smell, and be at those places...never thought we'd be so blessed to actually check all this out.

For all those reading, keep praying. Not only is the weather climate here different, but the spiritual climate is too. I still remember the past two times I've been on this side of the world, I really felt such a difference in just the way people lived, with all sorts of superstitions, idols, and superficial goals. It definitely feels different when I'm here.

On the plane, Kat and I had a real divine moment when we were just crossing over Russian airspace. It was like the Lord just really took the two of us aside and reminded us that this trip isn't just about immersing ourselves in the enjoyment of shopping, eating, or seeing new places...but there is a purpose, a God-given, God-appointed purpose for the two of us here. We shouldn't expect to just live a tourist's life until we go to Macau and expect God to only speak to us there...but we want to know what God is doing here in HK, and be a part of that too. I want to hear from the Lord throughout this trip, not just one week during this trip. I don't want to waste this trip by accident, and miss out on the things of His Kingdom.

1 comment:

sammi said...

praying for both you and kat, cousin =) love you so much... waiting to hear/read more!

- Sammi